Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The joys of fabric

I've finally started making a Winter dress for my 2.5 year old niece who doesn't want to wear pants. I'm altering a pattern from an Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazine (issue #74 "Little Bo Peep") so that the dress isn't smocked because I want to get it done quickly. I'm making it from a gorgeous teal green pinwale corduroy, which is so soft and pretty. I can't wait to see it on her. I just have to decide what colour piping to use on the collar, and figure out where to get mini piping.
Also, Mum took me to visit an old friend of the family yesterday - who still thinks of me as "little Katie" even though I'm much taller than her - and she gave me a whole pile of fabric! There's whole rolls of it, quite nice, and a lot quite expensive.

No comments: